Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mucha in Winter - My Little Back Room Studio


Are you a procrastinator?  I'm usually not, but when it comes to this piece, I most definitely am. I started this painting in 2007 in college.  It was the end of the semester and I was done looking at it. It looked mostly finished so I still got an "A" but nothing up to my standards.  You artists out there know what I'm talking about. You have a piece you have been staring at for weeks and just get so sick of it you need a break before even looking at it again.  Well during this break I have managed to get a new boyfriend apart from my previous 6 year relationship, get engaged, married, move to North Carolina, back to Georgia, have a baby, then move back to North Carolina.  Now I'm here and finished it in our little spare bedroom in our apartment.  I'm hoping to have my own studio when we get a house. If you're an artist, I'm curious as to where you do your art? 


4 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I would really like to have a studio.
    Since I like to work with more than one medium (read oil, soft pastels, watercolour, charcoal and acrylic), it's really a bummer having to put everything away when changing.

    Good luck with your art and wishes of much happiness for the baby.

    José

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a part-time artist in a rented house.. I have a desk (that overflows everywhere around it, with boxes and folders everywhere, and if that still isn't enough... then the dining table!!) Oh and I really like the painting you've shown us in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Zeno., sounds like and explosion of creativity to me! lol.

    ReplyDelete