Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bills Bills Bills

I know my husband and I aren't the only ones that feels like that lady up there.  My husband got a great paying job up here in NC but alongside our bills it's like we're making NOTHING.  We're the only ones to blame for that, I know.  In order to move up here we had to get a credit card or a loan just to be able to afford an apartment and the move up here.  Now we're at a point where we are going to need to downsize to a smaller two bedroom apartment that will hopefully save us about 400.00/month and we can begin to knock out these credit cards.  Bad thing about that is, I will have to squeeze myself somewhere to be able to paint.  Our bedroom I suppose.  We'll be high on paint thinner until we get a house! HA! We figured we will be able to get a house in about 1 yr or 1 1/2 yrs.  We thought about doing it now, but with all the little extras like closing costs, house maintnance, utilities and all of that, we would have to fork over more of what we don't have.  Better to get the debt paid off, then get a house we want.  I want to get a job and would love to work, but I would basically be paying for my daughter's daycare like I was in GA.  I would make about 800.00/month and daycare was 628.00/month.  Then you have to take out gas and that leaves basically nothing.  Day care up here in NC is over 1,000.00 / month. So, in theory I'm saving us money by not working and saving us money in the grocery department.  

Praying constantly.  God will see us thorugh it. :)

4 comments:

  1. I wish you the best with this. Sometimes it is such a struggle. Your time with your little one at home goes by so quickly, you may be luckier than you think. I hope your Etsy shop does well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope everything works out. Why don't you try offering daycare? It brings in a little extra. Unless that would take away time from your beautiful paintings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! For Any Occasion, that's a good idea, but yes it would take away from the time I have to paint. I only get a small window in the day to paint and that's only if my daughter takes her nap. We have made a solution to downsize in our apartment. We're going from 1400 sq ft to 961 sq ft. and will be saving about 300.00/month. That will help us a bunch. Hopefully we will get these bills knocked out within a year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think many of us feel your pain... and the stress it causes to be so burdened. I hope that you find relief from the worries and begin to see the brighter future. Continued success with your art and may the downsizing not hurt too much!

    ReplyDelete